Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"We wish you...

a Merry Christmas..."
-a simple-minded genius

So it's been so long since I've written last, I can't remember what happened on the day that I was supposed to tell you about. whoops.
:/
whatever, tomorrow is Christmas Eve! I'm so excited. Another note: with all this "politically correct"-ness. It really bothers me how everybody has to water down the holiday season and say "Happy Holidays!"
Okay, I understand. you don't want to offend anyone, right? WHATEVER. I'm certainly not saying that it's okay to offend people, because I'm also not done with my argument.
I have and always will say "Merry Christmas." That's because I believe and have faith in this certain celebration. However, if you happen to celebrate Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa, or a different holiday, I would have absolutely NO PROBLEM with you responding in a different sort of holiday greeting. Then, I might actually learn something about you!
I really don't see the trouble in this. I'm going to say "Merry Christmas," and you can say "Happy Hanukkah," back to me if that's what you celebrate. I don't see the problem. really.
Plus, it's a proven fact in history that Jesus was born. It is a real fact. Now if you don't agree with people and you don't believe that He was God's son in the flesh, okay. Fine by me. Whatever, it's your life. But, I just don't see how you can be completely against Christmas or any other holiday for that matter. People grow up learning and celebrating different traditions and cultures, so just leave it alone. No big deal offending people. And I don't really know of anyone who would get truly offended if you said "Merry Christmas," to them. Well, I'm sure there are people out there who might have a problem with it, but I just don't see the point in watering it down.
bottom line: I'm going to say "Merry Christmas!"
and you can say whatever you like in response to that.

Also, today, my sisters and I decorated our gingerbread house today!
it was semi-fun, and semi-annoying. My little sister, kept sulking because she thought that her side was ugly. Danielle and I both reassured her that it was most certainly not ugly, but after many failed attempts of trying to convince her of the truth, we just decided to let her feel bad for herself.
And, the fact that Danielle is a very artsy and creative person decorating the wall next to Grace's probably added to the self-frustration level.
here are some pictures!
Grace's "unsatisfactory" side:

which ended up like this:

the ever-so creative Danielle's side:

and my sad little side:





So I hope that everyone enjoy their Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Year, and whatever else you might celebrate!
Merry Christmas!
:)





peace.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

your side is most definitely not sad.