Monday, October 12, 2009

"It's not the end of the world...

just you and me."
-Relient K

WOO! the weather has finally brought about some variety around these parts. Meaning, it's overcast and chilly today! I'm so happy. The fall to winter transition is my favorite time of year, and this weather just gave me a glimpse of the joy that is to come! haha. :)
I made myself a nice and tasty bowl of one of these:

probably the most common flavor out there.
AGH! I'm just so elated that this weather is finally starting to make up its mind and be emotionally stable for one day instead of being freezing in the morning, nice during mid-morning, hot during the day and perfect at night. Plus, my soccer team is doing a "team building" event tonight at a local, and quite difficult for that matter, corn maze. I've done it before...and, uh...let's just put it this way. I entered with four and left with two. JUST KIDDING! haha. but I did enter while the sun was shining, with four's company, and left in the dark night sky with six. care to know where the other two came from? they were working the corn maze. We got so badly lost, they had to send out two people to come find us and lead us out. hahaha! funny story, fun experience. Hopefully this time I'll remember to bring my flashlight and actually use the map they provide. ha.

School just started up again after a week of "fall break," which I wish would last until June 16. I toured five colleges in Southern California and did a couple auditions for the music programs. One school offered me scholarship money, and a spot in their women's and university choirs, and the other offered me less scholarship and a spot in their women's choir. The more generous of the two seems more attractive, financially. However, the director of the second made a good point of saying that the schools with lesser programs offer more money. And the second school is actually my top choice. A private school, but I'll have $11,000 in scholarships automatically with grades and music, etc. PLUS, they have the best program for what I want to major in. And it's really good. really good. :)
So we'll see, but I'm really praying about it. God will work it out. They have a full scholarship available. But my SAT scores were short by FORTY STINKIN' POINTS. So I took them again on Saturday. haha. Hopefully I'll get those forty points so at least I'll qualify to apply for the scholarship. The way it works: people apply. They weed out the people who don't qualify. (I guess they thought it was worth a shot! haha.) Then, everyone who qualifies gets $1,000. Then they narrow it down to 40 people to fly out and interview for the scholarship. All of those people get $5,000 extra (a total of 6k). THEN, they choose five people to receive the full scholarship. And it's obvious what they are awarded with. haha. So as long as I even qualify, that's one thousand dollars more than I would have had! renewable. :)
In the music scene-- I STRONGLY suggest the new Relient K album, "Forget and Not Slow Down."
it is filled with strong melodies, harmonies, catchy tunes, full sound, and just all-around profound lyrics. seriously, I think it's one of their greatest yet. check it out on their myspace or something, if you don't want to buy it. but you probably will want to after you hear all of the songs.


alrighty, that's it I suppose.






peace.

2 comments:

Summer City said...

Yay, you blogged again!

Stephanie C. said...

Oops the above comment is from me. I guess I didn't notice you were still signed in.