Friday, June 25, 2010

This is truly great.

A friend of mine posted a video on facebook that I felt needed to be shared with everyone. Even though I don't think anyone else other than maybe two people read this blog, I feel it is my civic and cyber duty to do my best to spread this greatness. So watch this. It is...SO MOVING.



I, for one, get goosebumps for every single reaction every single time I watch this video. Or any time the goal is replayed on the television. Landon Donovan, you are my HERO! And whoever made this video, you are also my hero. Well done.
So now that we've conquered our bracket in the 2010 FIFA World Cup, we're onto bigger and better and more challenging things! The Round of Sixteen. Whooo! This should be interesting. Especially since we will be matched up against Ghana - who, in the 2006 World Cup knocked us out of the tournament. But I think it's safe to say that not only Donovan, but the entire USA Men's soccer team is more mature and prepared for this challenge. Come on boys, make us proud(er)!!
WE HAVE FAITH! Go get 'em.

On another note, a few friends and I decided it would be fun to wake up at 6:30am this morning to watch the Brazil/Portugal game. Naturally, we assumed that it would be a super riveting game, as Brazil & Portugal are two of the best teams in the world. But I guess what it actually means is that since they are two of the best teams in the word, they already defeated the other teams in their bracket (Ivory Coast & North Korea). And since they already did so well with so many points, I guess what that means is they don't have to worry too much about this game because they're already moving on. And so I guess what that means is they decided to just play an easy game against each other because they're both moving on anyhow (not a confirmed fact, just speculation). And that in turn, means nothing exciting happening in the entire game. And I guess what that means is that some people fall asleep during the second half. And I guess that all of the previously stated inferences end up in one simple equation:

Brazil + Portugal = waste of time and sleep

Therefore, I would have to still say...GO USA! And I'm excited to see the next games coming up in the Round of Sixteen. Not to mention that neither of the nations from last tournament's championship game, France & Italy, will be represented. Whew! Imagine that. And Ghana is the only team to represent the African continent at this point? I guess we'll have to see how it all goes. Tune in to the USA/Ghana game tomorrow, Saturday, June 26, at 2pm ET, 11am PT and support our country in this tournament soccer match!




peace. :)

No comments: