Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"This magic...

...MOMENT." - The Drifters

WOW. So...I'm a big soccer fan; my whole family is. And as any slightly abnormal American family, we all got up early to watch what could possibly have been the last USA game of the FIFA World Cup this year. And let's be honest - things were looking grim. So many chances, all denied and rejected. Even though the offsides call was slightly bogus. It was a pretty fair game, until near the end when drama and flopping started picking up in a race to the finish.
but OH. MY. NOLA. Landon Donovan...he never fails! JEEPERS. Really, though. I was screaming for at least two minutes. I can barely swallow without feeling the sting of a sore throat. hahaha.
In the ninety-freakin'-first minute. IN OVERTIME. He came through! (Like he always does.)


try and tell me that THAT^^ is not amazing. So calm...so humble...with so much FINESSE!
What a great man. Seriously, with all the missed opportunities earlier in the game with over-blasting shots and mistouches...none of it matters anymore. Because we WON! Plus, this is awesome because I chose the USA & England to move on from that bracket. Haha.
US Men's Soccer Team: you guys are impressing me and surprising me. Don't stop now. :)


On another note, I'm done with high school. Therefore, I win. WOOP! :D

1 comment:

Stephanie C. said...

Love reading your thought!