Sunday, December 5, 2010

"More than words...

...to show you how I feel."
-Extreme


It is far beyond words to describe how horrifying this is. HA! O_O

Well, you know how I skipped that class on Tuesday to write that huge paper and missed a quiz? On Thursday, after class, I went up to my professor and was fully willing and expecting to take a zero on the quiz because I missed class. But my professor told me that I need to take it, so I had to go into his office the next day. He asked me if I had class before 11am, and I don't have class on Fridays until 1pm. So he told me to come in at EIGHT O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING. Ohhhhhh my. It was not pleasant. Haha. But then I was on my way back to my dorm when I ran into a fellow classmate of mine. A kind soul, he decided that we should sit and eat our breakfasts outside. It was lovely. :)
All the choirs are putting on this giant Christmas concert at a nearby church. I am SO privileged to be a part of this. I LOVE IT. I REALLY REALLY LOVE IT. There are only two performances and the first one was Friday night. Sooooo much fun. AGH. I just love making people happy and seeing the different expressions on people's faces when something happens that they don't expect. :) The next and last one is tomorrow (Sunday). Ahhhh...then DEAD WEEK. JOY.
Back to that huge Bible paper I had to write. I was supposed to have a meeting with my professor the day I turned it in (that's just when I happened to schedule it) so he could read it over and give me some feedback. Everyone has to do this. My appointment was scheduled one time increment directly after my friend's appointment. My neighbor received a text message that morning that her appointment was cancelled. Then, I asked my friend when her appointment was so I could double check the time of mine...she said that the meetings were cancelled that day, so I just figured I didn't get the text message for some reason. Then, my neighbor asked me one night if I got the email to reschedule the meetings that were cancelled. I had not received this email. At this point, I just thought my professor wanted me to fail, exemplifying such poor communication skills with me. Haha. So I sent a secret-sass email to him explaining that I never received an email about the cancellations OR the re-schedulings. He replied simply, "Actually, yours wasn't cancelled.....etc., etc..." I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped. I FELT AWFUL. There I was being all secretly sassy and whatnot, and I'M the one at fault. So I rescheduled for today (Saturday) at 4pm. I left at about 3:35 to walk over to the other campus. I got there just about ten minutes early, and then just kind of chilled on the empty campus and soaked up the beauty of the hour and time of day, and whatnot. It was beautiful.
Then I finally got my appointment (subtopic: my friend completely forgot about her rescheduled appointment, missed it, and had to rush over to the meeting slot right before mine because the scheduled person did not show up. How ironic. Hahahaha!) and expressed my apologies again, but he seemed very merciful and gracious. :)
I feel that I had a lot more to say, but this shall suffice for now. Alrighty, my eyes are gettin--

--wait, I remember now. For my final project in one of my music classes, I'm recreating a song that's already done, and it's kind of exciting to hear it! All I'm doing is listening to the instrumental version of the song pretty much 990823657615928350883746582 times and choosing one instrument to focus in on to master and then figure out on a small keyboard and then play into my computer using MIDI keyboard and then choosing the instruments, etc. It's fun, but it's a process. Today, the keyboard, organ and drums are all done. Tomorrow comes the actual hard stuff. Haha.

Alright, for real this time. My eyes are quite heavy...I guess the Sand Man has paid me a visit! ;)


peace.
-3:01am
(aaaaand of COURSE it would be past 3:00am. Hahahaha.)

No comments: