Thursday, August 12, 2010

"I think I'm...

...I'm givin' up."
-Relient K

So, I fiiiiinally got my permit yesterday morning! I was the first one to pass all day. Haha. And so I've been trying to make my behind-the-wheel appointment for my birthday so that I can leave my house with a license and whatnot. Online, I tried to schedule an appointment in my town, and in all the surrounding towns with DMVs and they all said, "Sorry, no appointment is available at this office." So I decided to call the eight-hundred number. After about five minutes of talking to an automated voice, I got put on hold (for the first time in my life) until I could talk to a real human. I was on hold for fifteen minutes. Then, finally, someone answered and I talked them through what I was trying to do. Then they decided to share their political ideas and personal opinions as to why I couldn't make an appointment. "I'm sorry, there are no appointments available in ________. I've checked, _____, _____, _____, etc. but there are no more. It's all because of the furlough Fridays."
Me: *pity chuckle* "Okay, I just thought I'd try to schedule one through people, because I wasn't sure if it was just a problem with the computer or something."
Person: "Oh, no...it's not your fault, or the computer's fault, or my fault, it's the GOVERNOR'S fault. He doesn't have any idea what he's doing."
Me: "Heh-heh...uh..."
Person: "No, I'm serious!! His brain must be messed up from all the steroids, or something..."
Me: "Ha..." (clearly, I was NOT egging him on, here.)
Person: "He doesn't know what he's doing. The problem is, that he keeps making all the furlough Fridays and we don't even have a job here, I have to have two jobs and I can't even say I work here." *giggles in the background from a fellow co-worker*
Me: ".............."
Person: "Yeah, so it's just because of all the furlough Fridays and we have to close the offices. [at this point I'm thinking, really? Do you think it's because of the Furlough Fridays? I thought you were just incompetent.]"
Me: "Oh, okay...even though I want to make an appointment on a Thursday? That doesn't make it better?"
Person: "No, because with the Furlough Fridays we have to close down and so we're not having enough appointments available."
Me: "...well...alllllright. Thanks..."
Person: "Alright, sorry hon, but you could try to call back another time."
Me: "Alright, thanks."
Person: "Buh-bye."

*hang up the phone*



Pardon me, but I was not asking what you cared or thought about the fact that I can't make an appointment. I just want a freaking appointment! I just feel that that was not the right place nor the right time to go about spewing about political emotions and going on and on about what you think should be changed. Save it fo' yo MAMA. Anyhow, it was not a good experience overall. Hahahaha. But I find it semi-entertaining in retrospect. :P









peace.

No comments: