Friday, October 22, 2010

"I've made up my mind...

...no need to think it over."
-Adele

My roommate just told me that my blog should be about how I'm not taking a shower. Well...there. I just integrated it. Anyhow, I WILL take a shower, just not right this instance. I've been meaning to post a blog since Tuesday night, I just have not had the time. Tuesday night, my roommate and I led our third weekly worship night on for our floor. Not too too many people came from our hall, but girls from OTHER floors came! It was one of the best so far. It was really good. Our RA told us that she wanted to have communion that night as well, so we chose songs that went more along the lines of our Salvation and whatnot. It was just....powerful. I think God brought all that people that needed to be there, and the people who wanted to be there. My roommate and I went to the prayer chapel afterwards in order to pray about how it went, and how to improve on worship nights to come, and how we are available and longing to be part of the revival on our campus! AHHHH. SO GOOD. I am so blessed with great roommates. Plus, we're getting all high-tech for our worship nights, and our neighbor has an iMac monitor she brought, so I type up the lyrics on my laptop on Powerpoint and then they are displayed for everyone to see! Hahaha. AND I have a remote that I can change slides with...it's pretty much awesome.
Two of my guy friends and I bought tickets to a concert of two great artists and the tickets came today! WOOT. SO PUMPED. Then I told them that I will keep them...otherwise, they will be lost. They agreed. Haha.
Aaaand I decided to check my mail just about every four days, so as to not upset myself every time I see an empty metal box and I always tell my friend about this (one of the ones I'm going to the concert with). So this evening I finally made the effort to check my mail today and I unlocked that little gem, and wha-BAM. TWO THINGS IN THERE! One was a letter sent from someone in the school...I opened it and it's this little card...


HOW SPLENDID!! I just thought that was one of the sweetest things...he's a really great friend. Aaaaaand the other thing in my box was a GOLDEN TICKET. Here at school, I say golden ticket and I mean...golden. ticket. If you find one in your box, it means that whatever you received was too large to fit on the box! Mine is marked, "small envelope." I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT IS! I haven't ordered any books, that I can recall...but the post office was closed by that time, so now I sit. and stare. and wait. and think. and imagine what could possibly be in that small envelope. Hahaha. I shall find out tomorrow! :D
It's probably something really anti-climactic, with my luck. :P
But really, I'm just happy to get anything in my box. Hahaha.
Ooooh! Oooooh! I met this really really suuuuuper funny guy. He is seriously...one of the funniest people I've ever met. I JUST NOW MADE THIS CONNECTION. SERIOUSLY. He reminds me of Michael Cera. It's his voice. And sort of his build...and everything that comes out of his mouth is like it's from a sitcom. He is hilarious. But it's not like he's cracking jokes all the time, he's more along the lines of awkward funny. Which is right up my alley!
And I'm establishing more guys friends...which is really good, because I was missing mine from home. Haha. There is a solid group of about three guys that I honestly, just HAPPEN to run into at eateries around campus. We're always eating at the same time, so we just eat together! Haha. And then I have other guy friends who are super cool, as well. So...finally getting more naturally comfortable than I have been since I've arrived here.
Anyhow, I think that's about all I have for you tonight. Haha. I'll be seeing you....in all the old, familiar places...




peace.
-1:32am

No comments: