Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Life's like...

an hour glass glued to the table."
-Anna Nalick

So today was not a very good day. Allyse is having jaw surgery and won't be back at school until after Christmas break!
:(
AND, one of my best friends' best friend's dad passed away this morning. It was very sad to hear, because he was like a second father to this friend of mine. And I know the girl, so it was just even sadder. He had pancreatic cancer, but had been improving, until last week...it just really makes me sad. So two of my best friends weren't at school today. I had a Pre-Calculus HP test today that I think I did okay on, I also had a Spanish IV test, and the History test was today...I still have two papers due tomorrow, neither of which are done.
:/
One of them is more than halfway done, though! :)
Tomorrow I'm going over to Allyse's house after school and I'm going to surprise her and make a smoothie for her...because her mouth has to be wired shut for quite some time! I may as well serenade her while I'm there...hahaa...
Also, for Thanksgiving break Julie (other best friend who wasn't at school today) was going to come to Souther California with my family and me to go on college tours and Knott's Berry Farm and all that good stuff, but now she's not coming because the wake is during the week. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit bummed just because now my little sister and I are going to bicker the entire time...ulch. Plus, I think it would be more fun having a friend to share all those moments with rather than family, but I"m absolutely not complaining!!! I TOTALLY understand that she would rather stay for the wake and I'm okay with that.
:)
SO I called another friend to see if they would actually be able to come with such short notice, but she already has plans..
:(
Anyway, I guess it has turned into another family vacation...Allyse was supposed to come too, but she had to go and have her surgery!
haha...I know it's out of her hands...
So I have to do one of my papers on Jefferson Davis, and I'm really not feelin it. I would choose math over English or History ANY day. Math can only have one correct answer. I don't have to interpret anything or do anything "in my opinion." I either do it right, or wrong. Cut and dry. It's that simple. For every problem there is an equation. Nothing that you have to read and analyze or comprehend, or know about literary devices and all that jaz.

Okay, really need to be doing homework.
ciao!




peace.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

are you saying you don't like family vacations???!!!?!?!?!?